Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Another couple months.....



Hi All: Marking off the days till we're back here, working on the boat in an exotic place!

This past Monday I was on a flight to Jersey for the week to work and was minding my own business when the guy in front of me put his seat back and it came back so far that I couldn't read a magazine, all I could see was the top of his bald head. Suddenly I had this urge to apply a spread fingered, full handed slap to the top of his head and tell him to move his GD seat. I didn't of course but I had to chuckle at the concept, put me to mind of a Bugs Bunny episode where he was whopping Almer Fudd on the head with his ears. I had to share that.

For years I've been thinking my first name was David but now I'm pretty sure it's my second name. Seems every time I'm driving Traci says "Jesus David", I thought it was David Mark, go figure.

We've been chasing down leaks that are appearant with all the rain as of late. In the head with the door closed there was a drip on the door handle, turns out the actual leak was pretty far away coming from around a hatch. The water leaks into the core which is balsa wood sandwiched between 2 layers of fiberglass, and runs to wherever on the inner lining on the inside of the boat, makes it hard to find the actual leak. It's occured to me to try and remove the hatches to reseal and while they're out, paint the exposed core with a couple coats of epoxy and caulk the joint at the inner and outer skins so the leak remains local and easier to find.
I'll take some before and after shots when I get back to Florida and get it done.

When I left on Monday, Traci was there with tools to rip up the linoleum, primer and paint so I'm curious to see what I return to. She never stops working.

Skype is dave.lockhart1. Pictures are Rose Island in the Bahamas from last year and crossing the Caicos bank the year before. We'll soon have new ones.

Take care, Dave and Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment